Monday, October 19, 2015

MMC #9

Here is my MMC for this week.  You can find out more about MMC's here: http://christiswrite.blogspot.com/2015/10/mondays-minute-challenge-writing-prompt.html  Also, if you are an aspiring author, she herself is young writer who has already published a book.  She has many helpful tips and suggestions and such on her blog, so check it out! :)

My MMC is 303 words long (couldn't quite get it down to 300) and I used the word prompts and the sentence prompt.


Danielle let loose an exasperated sigh and fingered a fading leaf from a passing tree.  “Days and days we have traveled and yet our destination does not get any closer!  It’s all your fault, you miserable, scattered-brained boy.”
Elion grinned widely and dipped his head forward so that his hazelnut curls fell over his face.  “I do believe,” he teased “that you are beginning to like me.”
“You are full of delusions.” 
No sooner had she said this, and Elion had produced a bow and was drawing back a silver arrow. 
“What is it?”  Danielle asked.
The smile on his face did not diminish, but increased.  “Ah, it is my arch-foe, Sir Koen.  One might say that we have a…interesting relationship.”
“Is it thee, my accursed Elion?”  Came a nasally voice from behind the bushes.  “Oh, how I have been longing not to see you!”  Following this voice there came a tall man with coal black hair and sharp eyes.
“And I you, Sir Koen.”  Elion replied.  All this was said as cheerfully as the sunshine might greet the blue sky.
“Who’s this?”  Sir Koen asked, glancing in Danielle’s direction.  “What a pretty thing!  Do you fancy jousting?”
“Our discussion?”  Elion questioned as if wishing the attention back on him.
“Hush boy!  Never interrupt your enemy while he’s making a fool of himself.”
“Excuse me!”  Danielle imputed.  “But will one of you please tell me why you are enemies?”
A rustling noise came through the trees and out bounded a silver wolf.  The creature was of such beauty and majesty that it seemed to Danielle that all the kings and magistrates in the world combined all but paled in comparison.
“He stole Wolf from me.”  Elion said, his voice no longer insouciant, but filled with determination.  “And I’m going to get him back.”

 

 

                                                               

2 comments: