Wednesday, August 19, 2015

MMC #6

I am doing another Monday Minute Challenge.  You can find out more about MMCs Tessa Emily Hall's blog Christ is Write

It is 303 words long and I used all three writing prompts (item prompts, picture prompt, and sentence prompt.)  



 
I fought to keep calm as I felt myself knocked backwards.  I attempted to scream but a hand was clamped firmly over my mouth.
“Jenny.” He said simply and then seemed to wait for his voice to register in my memory.
I looked closely into his face and recognized the same mossy green eyes and wisps of blonde hair peeking through the hood of his jacket. 
At last he moved his hand away, allowing me to speak. 
“Toby!”  I gasped, struggling quickly to my feet.  “Wha-where have you been?” 
He didn’t answer but simply studied me. 
I felt utterly furious.  “How could you do this to me?” I raged.  I wanted to say more but couldn’t seem to find the words.
“Jenny.” He repeated gently.  I felt a brush of cloth beneath my hand.  My arms trembled as I unfolded the fabric to be sure it was what I believed.  It was a handkerchief with the word “Remember” penned on the top left corner in golden ink.  I had given it to him long ago as a promise for the future.  I felt the tears flow down my cheeks.  He had remembered.
“I’m here now.” He said.  “It’s time.”
I looked into his eyes and smiled.  Hand in hand, we made the journey to where a certain bridge lay over a pond. 
The sun was setting, casting penumbras across the land and melting the sky into glorious shades of crimson and pink.  The air was ice cold and the frosty leaves beneath our feet curled upwards as a sign of autumn’s end.
“Jenny,” Toby said, his gaze fixated ahead.  “You do know that once past this point, things will never be the same again.”
I smiled. “I know.”
And blissfully, we left a fleeting world behind and made for the sempiternal land beyond.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really good. Are you going to write an ending? (Please do!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! ^_^ I just kind of pictured that scene in my head as the ending. Let your imagination decide where they went. :)

      Delete