Saturday, January 25, 2014

Just For Fun

Here's a poem I wrote a few months ago.  Hope you like it!


    Sitting Here in Science Class
 
Sitting here in science class, wondering what's going on.
When they ask me questions I know I'll answer wrong.
If I were an Einstein I'm sure I would know all
About how to solve a formula and the answer to any law.
And if I were a doctor I'm sure I would clearly see
How to clean a dirty wound and perform a surgery.
If I were a genius I'm sure I would understand
Technology, it's functions, and it's creator, the man.
And if I owned a large and spacious cranium
I'd study all the terms and be able to retain them.
If I knew what's good for me I'd stop right now, you see.
This sin, O this sin, of in-class-poetry!
Oh no!  A question I've been asked.
Been brought back down to the room.
Time to lift my chin, clench my teeth, and prepare to meet my doom.
Sitting here in science class, wondering what's going on.
I've just been asked a question and guess what?
I answered wrong!

9 comments: