Thursday, March 20, 2014

Clip from Book I am Writing

Hello!  Sorry I have not written very often.  I kept wanting to post this clip from a story I am trying to write but everything was out of line whenever I did.  It still is but I hope you can make sense of it.  
Well, here it is.  I hope you like it!
 
Dimly through the fog, I could see it.  So dark, it was almost as if it was a shadow.  But there it was, right in front of me.  There standing, or maybe floating, lay The Great Orlean Island.  I strained my eyes, trying to get a better glimpse of the magnificence of the land I had heard so much about.  But it was to no avail.  The picture remained blurry and the world, a dark and misty place.  I needed to get closer, to see what it was that had haunted me, mystified me, and begged me to dig deeper into its origin of long ago.  A picture from an ancient map I had once seen displayed itself in my mind and the desire to see this great land in person, to know fully what it was, pushed at me until I was running to get there.  I ran and ran and ran.  I ran further then I had ever been able to run in my entire life.  But my destination never seemed to get any closer.  Finally, I lost all hope and threw myself on the ground.  After lying there for a time in muddled confusion, I lifted my eyes to see fog.  The Orlean Island was covered in mist, and I was laying in the middle of it.  All alone, no sound, no wind, not even a whisper.  I felt so lost, so completely confused.  I buried my head in my arms and lay.  How long I lay, I know not.  But then I heard it.  So soft at first, I thought I had merely imagined it.  But then it grew louder and louder.  Louder to the point where I felt it all around me.  A strong, but gentle voice, full of laughter and grace, yet, with a great sense of wisdom and knowledge.  I knew this voice.  I knew this voice so well, it was as if a blanket of love and warmth had wrapped itself around me and was making all my cares and worries disappear.  Suddenly, I needed to see the lips from whence the sound came.  To burry myself in his strong shoulder, to tell him how much I loved him.                                                                                                                                       
Standing up, I called out in a loud voice “Father!  I am here, Father!  It’s your son!”                            
Then everything was quite.  The longing to hear the voice again filled me to the point of anguish and I could feel the tears pouring down my cheeks as I shouted once more. “Father!  Please, don’t leave me.  I need you!”  Silence again.  And then I heard the voice once more:                                          
“Continue, for me.”                                                                                                                                             
 “Continue?  What do you mean, Father?”                                                                                                                                             
 “Koden.”                                                                                                                 
 “What is it Father?  I’m listening!”                                                                                                                                                        
 “Koden.”…
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very good! I do hope you'll share more of this story! I'm quite curious what exactly it's about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll going to post the rest of the chapter. I'm glad you like it:-)

      Delete